Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Local Day in the Life- Backstreet Zopf



Some people reading this may see that the basic title is about 'A Day in my Life'- so I decided it was for me to post some more photos of my local area, where I spend a lot of my time. These were all taken with our new Fujifilm F30. It's an exciting new compact camera and you can see more photos taken with it here. Quite a lot of people have been looking at those photos just to see if the camera is as good as everyone says it is! Posted by Picasa
Note: 19/09/2006- The first draft of this piece (on July 18th) involved some snaps of everyday things here, which I was happy to look at just because of the pleasant associations... but then, looking again, I realised that they were 'watering down' what is becoming more and more a photography-based blog. There is a difference between a photo and a snap, just as (I would argue) there's a difference between treating photography as an art and as a craft.

So, I decided to do a bit of tidying up and edit the set down to just a presentation on this wonderful bakery. Being from England, I love good bread, but in Japan it is kind of hard to get. So I was really pleased to find a place in the area that has bread that doesn't just fill me up, but is amazingly delicious.

No comments: